Friday, September 24, 2010

A Day at the State Fair


There’s nothing more satisfying than going to a state fair, ordering a beer and watching the horse’s race. The other thing is, schlepping your camera and taking photos of them for fun. My wife and I do just that, and I must honestly admit what a thrill it is to see those magnificent beasts doing what they are trained to do (the horse’s, that is) I have always been fascinated with them.  Many years ago I had the pleasure of renting one for the day in France, the stable owner asked me if I knew how to ride (now what can be so difficult about riding a horse I thought) “Sure” I replied . Well let me tell you, it’s like riding a bike down a steep hill with no handlebars or brakes, so from that day on, I just enjoy watching them in awe.

No comments: